Re: modular repositories in mock configs: please don't

On 01. 03. 19 9:58, Adam Samalik wrote:
I'm glad Modularity is getting popular, however, we should coordinate such big changes so we keep consistency among various build environments.

Agreed.

The ability to enable modules in a Koji buildroot is being discussed in a FESCo ticket [1] — although that discussion is a bit longer than initially anticipated. But when that's done, we'll be finally able to move content from traditional packages to default modules when desired. And that'll be the best time to enable the modular repo in Mock so it behaves consistently with Koji.

I'm quite concerned with this approach. It feels like modularity is breaking stuff and asking for solutions once they are broken. Why don't we do it the other way around?

[1] https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2003

--
Miro Hrončok