Re: modular repositories in mock configs: please don't

Dne 01. 03. 19 v 0:22 Miro Hrončok napsal(a):
> On 01. 03. 19 0:05, Fabio Valentini wrote:
>> I don't want or need modules installed for this package to build.

It may be true if your specific case. But generally this is not true. AFAIK Some packages are not available in normal
repo any more and are available only in modules. E.g., stratis* packages.
The general expectaion is that more and more packages will move to modules.

>> Any insights why this was done?

Mock is in fact just easy tool to run 'rpmbuild' in minimal chroot of Fedora/CentOS. So running

  mock -r fedora-29-x86_64 foo.src

should give you the same results as running `rpmbuild --rebuild foo.src` on normal installation of fedora-29 with only
minimal installation.
And /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-modular.repo *is* part of Fedora 29+. Therefore it is in mock configs. If you do not need it
appeal either:
 * maintainer of fedora-repos package
 * modularity team
 * FESCO representatives

> Mock should IMHO bring the exact same (or at least the most similar) results as building in koji. I don't want to get
> different packages in mock and Koji just because the configurations are different.
>
> Let's make the defaults the sme as Koji (currently, that means no modular repos).

Nope, it is the other way round. Koji use Mock and therefore Koji builds should be the same as your local builds with
local mock.
Only Koji admins do not jump on every released version and should (and I hope they do) test every new released version
if it does not break Koji builds.

Miroslav