Re: Retiring pysvn (was Re: Orphaning pysvn (and non-responsive maintainer: ravenoak))

On 18 Feb 2019, at 18:08, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2/15/19 5:56 AM, Barry Scott wrote:

On 13 Feb 2019, at 13:52, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 10:01 AM Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've been maintaining this for several years since the main admin
(ravenoak) vanished from Fedora. I don't use it anymore (and most of
the world has long since switched to git...) and it has yet again
failed to rebuild during the mass rebuild.

I'm initiating the Non-Responsive Maintainer process for ravenoak so
the main admin will be cleared. If anyone wants to take it over, I'll
happily make them a comaintainer on request.

No one seems to be jumping at taking this over, so I'm probably going
to move towards retiring this package before F30 Beta Freeze. It's
currently only used by three packages that I can find:

Just heard about this. I'm the author of pysvn.

I'd be willing to maintain the fedora package of
pysvn. What do you need me to do?

I am an active user and developer on Fedora and I create and maintain
a numbers of RPMs in my work and personal projects.

Barry

Hey Barry. Contact me off list and I can help you get setup.

You will need a fas account ( https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts )
and take a look at

I already have a fas account username: barryascott

I have a bugzilla account under barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and can se
the fas login.

but of course since the package already exists a lot of this will be
short circuted.

I can start by doing the work to update pysvn to the latest version
using the instruction in the Wiki.

It might be the weekend before I have time to do this.

Do you need to add me to the "fedora packager group"
or do I use the fedpkg clone -a until my first commit is reviewed to
make sure I keep up the standards?

Thanks so much for taking this on!

No problem.

Barry