Re: [Late] F30 System-Wide Change proposal: GCC9

Hi,

Ben Cotton wrote on Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 03:16:56PM -0500:
> == Detailed Description ==
> GCC 9 is currently in stage4 since January 7th, in prerelease state
> with only regression bugfixes and documentation fixes allowed.  The
> release will happen probably in the middle of April.
> rpms have been built are since today in rawhide.

(writing "today" in a change page that stays on a wiki can be confusing
if it gets updated later on)

> * Other developers: First few days/weeks just voluntary rebuilds using
> the new system gcc, if things fail, look at
> http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-9/porting_to.html and fix bugs in packages or,
> if there is a gcc bug or suspected gcc bug, analyze and report.

I don't have packages to rebuild (evil lurker here), but love to test on
some programs I contribute to.
Is there any plan to have a copr with gcc+libtools for fedora 29 or
would that be too much extra work at this point?

I think it would help having more people test things, and if there are
build failures would help package owners fix these - it's not always
obvious to fix a build failure by repeatedly submitting a new package to
build, and everyone doesn't have a rawhide install around.

It's probably just me being lazy, though; I'll figure something out if
there is no such plan :)

Thanks,
--
Dominique