Re: Fedora 30 System-Wide Change proposal: Remove Obsolete Scriptlets

On 19. 12. 18 11:22, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 2:20 AM Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"ZJ" == Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <zbyszek@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

ZJ> I think it's pretty clear: all the standard invocations of
ZJ> scriptlets that have by replaced by transfiletriggers will be
ZJ> removed, along with the whole %post/%postun sections if its the only
ZJ> thing in them.

I do think it would be better to list exactly what is expected to be
changed (and which packages actually need which changes).

Done.

* ldconfig scriptlets will be removed (or by maintainer request will
be replaced by %ldconfig_scriptlets macro which exists on Fedora and
EPEL)
* gtk-update-icon-cache, glib-compile-schemas,
gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders, gtk-query-immodules-3.0, gio-querymodules
and install-info will be removed (or by maintainer request will be
guarded with %if's)

Or, announce the date of the change and just check in your automation:

 * is there a ldcofig macro? don't change
 * is it guwarded by if? don't change

And remove anything else.

Maintainers who want "single spec" can easily just add the guards if they want to protect themselves form changes or add the scriptlet guarded after.

--
Miro Hrončok