Re: Use immutable CRAN URLs

IU> I see. Anyway, I suppose that it's healthy to preserve some manual
IU> intervention in these sections.

Well, it would be super great if we didn't have to do that and one day
RPM might give us some reasonable way to generate more of the specfile
based on the contents of the source files.  See
https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/issues/104
But even if we get that, you won't be able to use it on anything but
rawhide for some time.

IU> You can count on that. I'll try to identify corner cases to see how
IU> your macros behave in such packages and report back as time permits.

I'm certainly happy to develop them in tandem with your investigations.
I have no expectation that what I banged out yesterday is remotely
complete, but it at least shows that for at least a couple of packages
you can hide rather a lot of the details behind macros.

I think the next step is for me to stuff those macros in a temporary
pagure repo.  We can track what's missing with tickets and then
eventually get the macros packaged up so that they can be used in the
buildsystem.

 - J<