Re: Fedora Packaging Guidelines on docs.fedoraproject.org

On Tue, Oct 02, 2018 at 05:58:57PM +0200, Fabio Valentini wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 5:00 PM Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > It is just surprising it is not supported yet out of the box by whatever
> > > library you are using to convert other markups to html.
> > >

> > Pagure is in Python. There are now no useful implementations of *.adoc
> > renderers in Python. It's not that surprising.
>
> After a bit of looking around, it looks like almost no code
> highlighting tool supports AsciiDoc (yet). Neither pygments (python)
> nor rouge (ruby) support it.
>
> The only "libraries" supporting AsciiDoc that I could find were
> highlight.js and prism.js. But, looking at pagure's source code, it
> already seems to use highlight.js. Maybe it's just a version without
> AsciiDoc support enabled?

The question is not about code higlighting but rendering, so when you look at an
.adoc file it looks like what it would look once transformed into html.
Just like, when you are looking at a readme.md, you don't see the markdown
syntax (unless you specifically ask for it).

Hoping this helps,
Pierre