Re: Fedora Packaging Guidelines on docs.fedoraproject.org

Igor Gnatenko <ignatenkobrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Seems that podman is broken (it is also broken for tibbs in some other
> way), this is really sad.  Just wondering which version of fedora you are
> running and is there really no package called "slirp4netns" (I can see it
> in F28/F29/F30).

This was on Fedora 27. So one needs Fedora 28 to help fixing the
formatting of the guidelines then? (Once that other breakage is fixed I
suppose?)

> I'm sorry to hear this, try using `sudo docker` in Make file instead of
> `podman`. Reason I choose to use podman is that you don't have to be root
> in order to run it.

Yeah, no I don't think I'm going to run any document conversion
programs as root.

I'm getting the impression that you're shooting mosquitoes with a
cannon. I wasn't trying to set up a mirror of the website or anything.
I just wanted to preview the result of my edits. "If I change the .adoc
file like this, does it cause the desired change to the HTML code?"
That was all I needed to know. It can hardly be necessary to mess with
containers just to convert a document from one markup language to
another.

Björn Persson