Re: Fedora Packaging Guidelines on docs.fedoraproject.org

On 1.10.2018 23:38, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 5:03 PM Björn Persson <Bjorn@rombobjörn.se> wrote:

Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Indeed, asciidoctor works a bit better than asciidoc does but still
converts quickly.  It's actually in the "rubygem-asciidoctor" package.

Maybe I'll try that next time I have some free time. This is giving me
a "best viewed with Netscape Navigator" feeling though. Not only are
there several different badly designed document authoring languages,
but they're apparently even splitting into tool-specific dialects.

I'm wondering if it was a good idea to use asciidoc in the first
place. Unlike reStructuredText, asciidoc implementations seem to be in
very poor shape.

While the entire situation (the tool used is not packages, the conversion is incomplete) is not perfect, I wouldn't blame it on asciidoc implementations. asciidoctor is very good actually and I don't see why to consider it "very poor shape".

I have much more experience with sphinx + rst and in fact would personally liked it more, but there's nothing wrong with asciidoc markup.

What's wrong is the need of using magic containers to build the docs.
But that's most entirely not asciidoc's fault.

--
Miro Hrončok