Re: Orphaned Packages in rawhide (2018-08-27)

Excerpts from Till Maas's message of 2018-08-28 00:03 +02:00:
> python-configobj               fale, lmacken, orphan,         45 weeks ago
>                                terjeros
[...]

I will take python-configobj if nobody else will... BUT I don't quite
understand what this means.

Pagure shows the owners as:

    orphan (orphan) - main admin
    Fabio Alessandro Locati (fale) - admin
    lmacken (lmacken) - admin
    Terje Røsten (terjeros) - commit

The package has no open bugs and is not failing in Koschei so I do not
see any reason why it needs to be retired.

What does it mean for a package to be owned by orphan while it still has
other admins who are real people?

Is this some kind of edge case where the package was owned by
a maintainer who was inactive, and thus their packages got "orphaned",
even though there are still other maintainers? Is there any record where
we can see when or why these changes were made?

And is the solution here that one of the existing co-maintainers should
just go into the Pagure settings and click... some button to become the
"main admin" so that it's no longer orphaned?

--
Dan Callaghan <dcallagh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Senior Software Engineer, Products & Technologies DevOps