Re: FC4 slimfast slimfest

Colin Walters wrote:
On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 21:31 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:

Rodd Clarkson wrote:

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 16:23 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

You have a KDE cd  and a game cd... which cd has the kde game you
want?  Items can and will be intuitive members of multiple simple
labels.

Sure, you're going to have some overlap, but in general this could be solved without too much pain. For example, gnome-games and kde-games are, at the end of the day, games so put them on the games disk. If the user really wants them and expected them on the Gnome or KDE disk, then all they have to do is yum install them, so no biggy (as far as I'm concerned). I'd much prefer to only have to download half the volume of four disks (even if it still involved four disks) and then hvae to yum install a couple of packages (using that tasty GUI yum tool that's planned) than have to download a whole bunch of stuff I don't intend to use just for the sake of 'simplicity'.

Except that now my games cd depends on both the gnome disc and the kde disc.

I don't think it's unreasonable to include the e.g. just KDE runtime
libraries on disc 1, but not necessarily all of KDE.  The runtime
libraries should be fairly small relative to the entire desktop.  Right?

If by small you mean huge, then yes :)

-sb