Re: Packages which needlessly use %defattr

KF> I agree. If this could be done before mass rebuild we can catch any
KF> issues/typos/mistakes in this with the mass rebuild.

I've been away from computers for a bit, but I could certainly do this
without too much effort.  I just know that some people are somewhat...
prickly about "their" packages and wanted to give some room for
discussion.  But I will just go ahead and fix at least a big batch of
these previous to the rebuild.  If someone really, really doesn't like
it then I guess they can revert, but I do intend to keep running this
and the rest of the reports I've been running recently.

Also, the reason gdb didn't show up is because it uses yet another form
of the line which I didn't account for: %defattr(-,root,root).  The fact
that there are so many forms and most couldn't tell you which arguments
are which (and yet copy it into their specfiles because some other
specfile has it) is more than sufficient reason for removing it.

Anyway, modifying the check for that additional defattr mode adds 306
packages (not including gdb because it was fixed).  That list (in the
usual format) is below.

Finally, the checks I'm doing aren't intended to be comprehensive.  It
only looks for one specific case.  After this is done I may work on
auditing all of the remaining uses of defattr.

 - J<

Maintainers by package:
ElectricFence        pmachata
GREYCstoration       tnorth
MAKEDEV              airlied clumens
OpenLP               trb143
PySolFC              orphan
PySolFC-cardsets     orphan
PySolFC-music        orphan
QtDMM                zap
SDL_ttf              jwrdegoede limb moezroy sdz
Xaw3d                jwrdegoede orion
aboot                oliver
acpid                jskarvad olysonek
aiccu                pavlix
antiword             adrian
apg                  kevin limb smooge
apmud                dwmw2
armacycles-ad        limb
aspell-ar            danken
aspell-en            jchaloup nforro
aspell-gl            jchaloup nforro
aspell-he            danken
autokey              raghusiddarth
autossh              abo fale
berusky-data         stransky
bidiv                danken
bison                pfrankli
bluecurve-kde-theme  kkofler rdieter rstrode than
bluez-hcidump        dwmw2
bogl                 vcrhonek
bsd-games            jcapik jmakey sergiomb
bsdiff               jnovy salimma
chkconfig            jsynacek lnykryn msekleta
clamsmtp             gnat
common-lisp-controller green
compat-flex          pmachata
compat-gcc-296       jakub
compat-gcc-32        jakub
compat-gcc-34        jakub
compat-libgfortran-41 aoliva jakub
crack                c4chris
cracklib             nalin tmraz
cronolog             ktdreyer
crypto-utils         emaldonado jorton
cuetools             stingray
cups-pdf             robmv
cyrus-sasl           jjelen plautrba
daa2iso              spot
davix                adev andreamanzi gbitzes
dbh                  fabiand limb
dcmtk                ignatenkobrain mrceresa
diffutils            twaugh
digitemp             robert
dpm-dsi              andreamanzi ellert okeeble rocha simonm
dpm-xrootd           andreamanzi ellert okeeble rocha
dump                 jridky vdolezal
dwz                  jakub
dynafed              andreamanzi okeeble
e2fsprogs            josef kasal kzak lczerner oliver sandeen
edg-mkgridmap        andreamanzi gbitzes
elfutils             aoliva fche jakub jankratochvil mjw pmachata roland
enchant              uwog
epic                 vcrhonek
espeak-ng            olysonek
exim-doc             dwmw2 tremble
expendable           twaugh
fedora-icon-theme    rstrode
fedora-screensaver-theme rstrode
fedorainfinity-screensaver-theme rstrode
festival             alexl bruno caillon caolanm hadess johnp mbarnes rhughes rstrode ssp timn
fetchlog             pwouters
firebird             cicku makowski
fityk                alexpl wojdyr
flamerobin           makowski
flex                 kasal pfrankli submachine
fpm2                 aarem als
freeradius           nkondras
ftplib               spot
fwsnort              gomix
gconf-editor         alexl caillon caolanm cosimoc johnp mbarnes rhughes rstrode ssp
gfal2-python         aalvarez adev andreamanzi
gfal2-util           adev andreamanzi gbitzes
gfalFS               adev andreamanzi gbitzes
gitweb-caching       warthog9
gkrellm-top          robert
glibc64              codonell jakub
glue-validator       lfield stevetraylen
gmic                 berrange cheese
gnome-screensaver-frogs spot
gnome-vfs2-monikers  alexl caillon caolanm johnp limb mbarnes rhughes rstrode ssp
gnucash              notting
gnucash-docs         notting
gnuchess             limb
gnupg                bcl rdieter tmraz
gob2                 jkaluza
gridftp-ifce         adev
gstreamer-plugins-good alexl caillon caolanm company johnp mbarnes rhughes rstrode ssp wtaymans
gtk-vnc              berrange
gtypist              shishz
gzip                 branto jamartis kdudka pstodulk
hfsutils             dwmw2
httpd                jkaluza jorton luhliarik
httpry               mhayden
ices                 ixs
icon-slicer          alexl caillon caolanm erikos johnp mbarnes pbrobinson rhughes rstrode sdz ssp
iperf                somlo strobert
ixpdimm_sw           djbw jhli rutvijk
jed                  moceap
jfbterm              mtasaka
jfsutils             fcami itamarjp
ketchup              ben
keybinder            hannes ohaessler
keychain             adalloz
klamav               kkofler
koji                 ausil bowlofeggs mikem puiterwijk
lasso                jdennis rcritten simo
lcov                 berrange
leafnode             mcepl
lemonpos             siddharths
libIDL               alexl caillon caolanm johnp mbarnes pbrobinson rhughes rstrode ssp
libannodex           thomasvs
libasyncns           lennart
libatasmart          lennart
libbonobo            alexl caillon caolanm johnp mbarnes rhughes rstrode ssp
libbonoboui          alexl caillon caolanm johnp mbarnes rhughes rstrode ssp
libcmml              thomasvs
libgnomecanvas       alexl caillon caolanm johnp mbarnes pbrobinson rhughes rstrode ssp
libgpg-error         isimluk rdieter tmraz
libhangul            phuang pwu
libibcommon          dledford honli jstanley michich steved
libieee1284          twaugh
libiptcdata          dcm jchaloup
libmash              rhughes
libmpd               adrian nonamedotc
libnss-mysql         ondrejj
libofx               notting
liboggz              kwizart salimma
libopm               robert
libosinfo            berrange teuf zeenix
libpcap              jsynacek luhliarik mruprich msehnout msekleta
libspectrum          lucilanga
libstroke            chitlesh jhogarth sophiekovalevsky
libthai              alexl caillon caolanm johnp mbarnes pwu rhughes rstrode ssp ueno
libtrash             kdudka svashisht
libvirt-cim          veillard
libvirt-java         bkearney veillard
libvirt-python       berrange veillard
libyahoo2            sagarun siddhesh
lightsquid           aleksey2005
linux-user-chroot    walters
liquibase            awood dgoodwin
logjam               spot
ltrace               djdelorie law pmachata
lua-mpack            asn salimma
luminance-hdr        fcomida
make                 pfrankli
makebootfat          buc
matchbox-window-manager cwickert dwalsh
mingw-spice-gtk      elmarco epienbro fidencio rjones teuf victortoso
mod_annodex          thomasvs
mod_auth_mellon      jdennis simo
mod_suphp            ixs
moreutils            ryansb slankes
mozplugger           than
msr-tools            gbailey
mtools               dkaspar
multican             jnovy
munin                ingvar ixs jvanek orphan
mup                  gbailey
nagi                 limb
nagios-plugins-bdii  lfield stevetraylen
nedit                jnovy mikedep333
neon                 jorton
netdump-server       nhorman
nethogs              afsilva
newscache            buc
nfs4-acl-tools       steved
nfswatch             c4chris
nmap                 landgraf mhlavink
nspr                 emaldonado kengert rrelyea ueno
nss                  emaldonado kengert rrelyea ueno
nss-pam-ldapd        jhrozek nalin
nss-softokn          emaldonado kengert rrelyea ueno
nss-util             emaldonado kengert rrelyea ueno
nuttcp               nmav rvokal
ochusha              mtasaka
ocp                  cra
ocrad                tsmetana
oneko                spot
openlayers           slankes
openslp              rdieter vcrhonek
opensp               ovasik
openvswitch-ovn-kubernetes pecameron
oprofile             lberk wcohen
pakchois             jorton
pam                  tmraz
pam_mysql            stingray wolfy
pam_shield           redragon
pbzip2               atkac jeffg
pcaudiolib           olysonek
perl-Net-SSH-Expect  redragon
perl-Newt            jorton
perl-Razor-Agent     robert
perl-Sys-Virt-TCK    berrange
pgadmin3             devrim sdgathman
php-adodb            giallu topdog
pidgin-guifications  nosnilmot rvokal
pikdev               chitlesh sophiekovalevsky tnorth
piklab               chitlesh sophiekovalevsky
pikloops             chitlesh sophiekovalevsky
pinfo                lnykryn
portreserve          twaugh
procinfo             jgorig
procmail             jskarvad
publican-genome      orphan
publican-jboss       rlandmann
pv                   jhrozek
pybliographer        zkota
pyflowtools          stingray
pyliblzma            fcami kevin
pyserial             stingray wtogami
python-GnuPGInterface robert
python-adns          rvokal thozza
python-auth-credential lcons mpaladin
python-messaging     lcons mpaladin
python-psphere       clalance imcleod
python-schedutils    jkastner
python-simplevisor   adev lcons mpaladin
python-speaklater    xhaksx
python34             churchyard cstratak kevin mstuchli pviktori torsava ttorling
python35             churchyard cstratak
qt4-theme-quarticurve kkofler rdieter than
quagga               balajig8 mruprich msekleta olysonek
quilt                besser82 jwboyer
rdiff-backup         frankcrawford kevin
rdist                luhliarik mruprich pavlix
resapplet            rvokal
resource-agents      beekhof cfeist dvossel lon oalbrigt
rinetd               jkaluza
rootsh               spot
rpcbind              steved
rss-glx              cheese
rsync                mruprich pavlix simo vvitek
sagator              ondrejj
scmxx                ixs
seamonkey            buc gecko-maint kengert stransky
sed                  bonzini hhorak jamartis jpacner pstodulk vvitek
ser2net              firemanxbr spot
shadow-utils         pvrabec tmraz
sim                  hubbitus
singularity          bbockelm loveshack
sks                  nb
sloccount            grover hadess
snownews             shishz
socket_wrapper       asn jhrozek obnox
sound-theme-acoustic anujmore
source-highlight     adrian dodji orion
spacecmd             msuchy tkasparek
spamassassin         jskarvad kevin nb wtogami
spamprobe            strobert
squidGuard           bojan itamarjp limb
squirrelmail         mhlavink
srm-ifce             adev andreamanzi gbitzes
ssss                 pwouters
statserial           buc twaugh
stow                 cheeselee salimma
strace               ldv vda
switchdesk           karsten than
sysfsutils           pholasek
syslinux             pjones
system-config-firewall erig0 twoerner
system-switch-displaymanager than
system-switch-java   dbhole jvanek omajid
systemtap            brolley drsmith2 fche jistone lberk mjw scox smakarov wcohen
tcl-tclxml           krege
tcpdump              jsynacek luhliarik mruprich msehnout msekleta
tcpick               robert
terminator           dmaphy mattrose ohaessler
tin                  adrian
tklib                krege
tmate                asn fidencio xenithorb
tpm-quote-tools      avesh ramsdell
tweak                gbailey
tzdata               pfrankli pmachata
unzip                branto jamartis kdudka pstodulk
util-linux           kzak
valgrind             dodji fche jakub mjw
vpnc                 chkr fschwarz huzaifas
vpnc-script          chkr nmav
vte                  alexl caillon caolanm johnp kevin mbarnes rhughes rnorwood rstrode ssp
wbfs-manager         limb
wget                 thozza
wmx                  somlo
worminator-data      jwrdegoede
wraplinux            wtogami
xbindkeys            chkr
xbiso                spot
xen                  jforbes myoung
xfsdump              sandeen
xfsprogs             sandeen
xguest               dwalsh lvrabec mgrepl
xhtml2fo-style-xsl   olea ovasik
xmlstarlet           pfrields
xmms-adplug          snirkel
ytalk                mmcgrath
yum-utils            dmach james packaging-team vmukhame
zisofs-tools         fkluknav hhorak pcahyna

Packages by maintainer:
aalvarez   gfal2-python
aarem      fpm2
abo        autossh
adalloz    keychain
adev       davix gfal2-python gfal2-util gfalFS gridftp-ifce python-simplevisor srm-ifce
adrian     antiword libmpd source-highlight tin
afsilva    nethogs
airlied    MAKEDEV
aleksey2005 lightsquid
alexl      festival gconf-editor gnome-vfs2-monikers gstreamer-plugins-good icon-slicer libIDL libbonobo libbonoboui libgnomecanvas libthai vte
alexpl     fityk
als        fpm2
andreamanzi davix dpm-dsi dpm-xrootd dynafed edg-mkgridmap gfal2-python gfal2-util gfalFS srm-ifce
anujmore   sound-theme-acoustic
aoliva     compat-libgfortran-41 elfutils
asn        lua-mpack socket_wrapper tmate
atkac      pbzip2
ausil      koji
avesh      tpm-quote-tools
awood      liquibase
balajig8   quagga
bbockelm   singularity
bcl        gnupg
beekhof    resource-agents
ben        ketchup
berrange   gmic gtk-vnc lcov libosinfo libvirt-python perl-Sys-Virt-TCK
besser82   quilt
bkearney   libvirt-java
bojan      squidGuard
bonzini    sed
bowlofeggs koji
branto     gzip unzip
brolley    systemtap
bruno      festival
buc        makebootfat newscache seamonkey statserial
c4chris    crack nfswatch
caillon    festival gconf-editor gnome-vfs2-monikers gstreamer-plugins-good icon-slicer libIDL libbonobo libbonoboui libgnomecanvas libthai vte
caolanm    festival gconf-editor gnome-vfs2-monikers gstreamer-plugins-good icon-slicer libIDL libbonobo libbonoboui libgnomecanvas libthai vte
cfeist     resource-agents
cheese     gmic rss-glx
cheeselee  stow
chitlesh   libstroke pikdev piklab pikloops
chkr       vpnc vpnc-script xbindkeys
churchyard python34 python35
cicku      firebird
clalance   python-psphere
clumens    MAKEDEV
codonell   glibc64
company    gstreamer-plugins-good
cosimoc    gconf-editor
cra        ocp
cstratak   python34 python35
cwickert   matchbox-window-manager
danken     aspell-ar aspell-he bidiv
dbhole     system-switch-java
dcm        libiptcdata
devrim     pgadmin3
dgoodwin   liquibase
djbw       ixpdimm_sw
djdelorie  ltrace
dkaspar    mtools
dledford   libibcommon
dmach      yum-utils
dmaphy     terminator
dodji      source-highlight valgrind
drsmith2   systemtap
dvossel    resource-agents
dwalsh     matchbox-window-manager xguest
dwmw2      apmud bluez-hcidump exim-doc hfsutils
ellert     dpm-dsi dpm-xrootd
elmarco    mingw-spice-gtk
emaldonado crypto-utils nspr nss nss-softokn nss-util
epienbro   mingw-spice-gtk
erig0      system-config-firewall
erikos     icon-slicer
fabiand    dbh
fale       autossh
fcami      jfsutils pyliblzma
fche       elfutils systemtap valgrind
fcomida    luminance-hdr
fidencio   mingw-spice-gtk tmate
firemanxbr ser2net
fkluknav   zisofs-tools
frankcrawford rdiff-backup
fschwarz   vpnc
gbailey    msr-tools mup tweak
gbitzes    davix edg-mkgridmap gfal2-util gfalFS srm-ifce
gecko-maint seamonkey
giallu     php-adodb
gnat       clamsmtp
gomix      fwsnort
green      common-lisp-controller
grover     sloccount
hadess     festival sloccount
hannes     keybinder
hhorak     sed zisofs-tools
honli      libibcommon
hubbitus   sim
huzaifas   vpnc
ignatenkobrain dcmtk
imcleod    python-psphere
ingvar     munin
isimluk    libgpg-error
itamarjp   jfsutils squidGuard
ixs        ices mod_suphp munin scmxx
jakub      compat-gcc-296 compat-gcc-32 compat-gcc-34 compat-libgfortran-41 dwz elfutils glibc64 valgrind
jamartis   gzip sed unzip
james      yum-utils
jankratochvil elfutils
jcapik     bsd-games
jchaloup   aspell-en aspell-gl libiptcdata
jdennis    lasso mod_auth_mellon
jeffg      pbzip2
jforbes    xen
jgorig     procinfo
jhli       ixpdimm_sw
jhogarth   libstroke
jhrozek    nss-pam-ldapd pv socket_wrapper
jistone    systemtap
jjelen     cyrus-sasl
jkaluza    gob2 httpd rinetd
jkastner   python-schedutils
jmakey     bsd-games
jnovy      bsdiff multican nedit
johnp      festival gconf-editor gnome-vfs2-monikers gstreamer-plugins-good icon-slicer libIDL libbonobo libbonoboui libgnomecanvas libthai vte
jorton     crypto-utils httpd neon pakchois perl-Newt
josef      e2fsprogs
jpacner    sed
jridky     dump
jskarvad   acpid procmail spamassassin
jstanley   libibcommon
jsynacek   chkconfig libpcap tcpdump
jvanek     munin system-switch-java
jwboyer    quilt
jwrdegoede SDL_ttf Xaw3d worminator-data
karsten    switchdesk
kasal      e2fsprogs flex
kdudka     gzip libtrash unzip
kengert    nspr nss nss-softokn nss-util seamonkey
kevin      apg pyliblzma python34 rdiff-backup spamassassin vte
kkofler    bluecurve-kde-theme klamav qt4-theme-quarticurve
krege      tcl-tclxml tklib
ktdreyer   cronolog
kwizart    liboggz
kzak       e2fsprogs util-linux
landgraf   nmap
law        ltrace
lberk      oprofile systemtap
lcons      python-auth-credential python-messaging python-simplevisor
lczerner   e2fsprogs
ldv        strace
lennart    libasyncns libatasmart
lfield     glue-validator nagios-plugins-bdii
limb       SDL_ttf apg armacycles-ad dbh gnome-vfs2-monikers gnuchess nagi squidGuard wbfs-manager
lnykryn    chkconfig pinfo
lon        resource-agents
loveshack  singularity
lucilanga  libspectrum
luhliarik  httpd libpcap rdist tcpdump
lvrabec    xguest
makowski   firebird flamerobin
mattrose   terminator
mbarnes    festival gconf-editor gnome-vfs2-monikers gstreamer-plugins-good icon-slicer libIDL libbonobo libbonoboui libgnomecanvas libthai vte
mcepl      leafnode
mgrepl     xguest
mhayden    httpry
mhlavink   nmap squirrelmail
michich    libibcommon
mikedep333 nedit
mikem      koji
mjw        elfutils systemtap valgrind
mmcgrath   ytalk
moceap     jed
moezroy    SDL_ttf
mpaladin   python-auth-credential python-messaging python-simplevisor
mrceresa   dcmtk
mruprich   libpcap quagga rdist rsync tcpdump
msehnout   libpcap tcpdump
msekleta   chkconfig libpcap quagga tcpdump
mstuchli   python34
msuchy     spacecmd
mtasaka    jfbterm ochusha
myoung     xen
nalin      cracklib nss-pam-ldapd
nb         sks spamassassin
nforro     aspell-en aspell-gl
nhorman    netdump-server
nkondras   freeradius
nmav       nuttcp vpnc-script
nonamedotc libmpd
nosnilmot  pidgin-guifications
notting    gnucash gnucash-docs libofx
oalbrigt   resource-agents
obnox      socket_wrapper
ohaessler  keybinder terminator
okeeble    dpm-dsi dpm-xrootd dynafed
olea       xhtml2fo-style-xsl
oliver     aboot e2fsprogs
olysonek   acpid espeak-ng pcaudiolib quagga
omajid     system-switch-java
ondrejj    libnss-mysql sagator
orion      Xaw3d source-highlight
orphan     PySolFC PySolFC-cardsets PySolFC-music munin publican-genome
ovasik     opensp xhtml2fo-style-xsl
packaging-team yum-utils
pavlix     aiccu rdist rsync
pbrobinson icon-slicer libIDL libgnomecanvas
pcahyna    zisofs-tools
pecameron  openvswitch-ovn-kubernetes
pfrankli   bison flex make tzdata
pfrields   xmlstarlet
pholasek   sysfsutils
phuang     libhangul
pjones     syslinux
plautrba   cyrus-sasl
pmachata   ElectricFence compat-flex elfutils ltrace tzdata
pstodulk   gzip sed unzip
puiterwijk koji
pviktori   python34
pvrabec    shadow-utils
pwouters   fetchlog ssss
pwu        libhangul libthai
raghusiddarth autokey
ramsdell   tpm-quote-tools
rcritten   lasso
rdieter    bluecurve-kde-theme gnupg libgpg-error openslp qt4-theme-quarticurve
redragon   pam_shield perl-Net-SSH-Expect
rhughes    festival gconf-editor gnome-vfs2-monikers gstreamer-plugins-good icon-slicer libIDL libbonobo libbonoboui libgnomecanvas libmash libthai vte
rjones     mingw-spice-gtk
rlandmann  publican-jboss
rnorwood   vte
robert     digitemp gkrellm-top libopm perl-Razor-Agent python-GnuPGInterface tcpick
robmv      cups-pdf
rocha      dpm-dsi dpm-xrootd
roland     elfutils
rrelyea    nspr nss nss-softokn nss-util
rstrode    bluecurve-kde-theme fedora-icon-theme fedora-screensaver-theme fedorainfinity-screensaver-theme festival gconf-editor gnome-vfs2-monikers gstreamer-plugins-good icon-slicer libIDL libbonobo libbonoboui libgnomecanvas libthai vte
rutvijk    ixpdimm_sw
rvokal     nuttcp pidgin-guifications python-adns resapplet
ryansb     moreutils
sagarun    libyahoo2
salimma    bsdiff liboggz lua-mpack stow
sandeen    e2fsprogs xfsdump xfsprogs
scox       systemtap
sdgathman  pgadmin3
sdz        SDL_ttf icon-slicer
sergiomb   bsd-games
shishz     gtypist snownews
siddharths lemonpos
siddhesh   libyahoo2
simo       lasso mod_auth_mellon rsync
simonm     dpm-dsi
slankes    moreutils openlayers
smakarov   systemtap
smooge     apg
snirkel    xmms-adplug
somlo      iperf wmx
sophiekovalevsky libstroke pikdev piklab pikloops
spot       daa2iso ftplib gnome-screensaver-frogs logjam oneko rootsh ser2net xbiso
ssp        festival gconf-editor gnome-vfs2-monikers gstreamer-plugins-good icon-slicer libIDL libbonobo libbonoboui libgnomecanvas libthai vte
steved     libibcommon nfs4-acl-tools rpcbind
stevetraylen glue-validator nagios-plugins-bdii
stingray   cuetools pam_mysql pyflowtools pyserial
stransky   berusky-data seamonkey
strobert   iperf spamprobe
submachine flex
svashisht  libtrash
teuf       libosinfo mingw-spice-gtk
than       bluecurve-kde-theme mozplugger qt4-theme-quarticurve switchdesk system-switch-displaymanager
thomasvs   libannodex libcmml mod_annodex
thozza     python-adns wget
timn       festival
tkasparek  spacecmd
tmraz      cracklib gnupg libgpg-error pam shadow-utils
tnorth     GREYCstoration pikdev
topdog     php-adodb
torsava    python34
trb143     OpenLP
tremble    exim-doc
tsmetana   ocrad
ttorling   python34
twaugh     diffutils expendable libieee1284 portreserve statserial
twoerner   system-config-firewall
ueno       libthai nspr nss nss-softokn nss-util
uwog       enchant
vcrhonek   bogl epic openslp
vda        strace
vdolezal   dump
veillard   libvirt-cim libvirt-java libvirt-python
victortoso mingw-spice-gtk
vmukhame   yum-utils
vvitek     rsync sed
walters    linux-user-chroot
warthog9   gitweb-caching
wcohen     oprofile systemtap
wojdyr     fityk
wolfy      pam_mysql
wtaymans   gstreamer-plugins-good
wtogami    pyserial spamassassin wraplinux
xenithorb  tmate
xhaksx     python-speaklater
zap        QtDMM
zeenix     libosinfo