Re: I would like to propose that we turn on XFS Reflink in Fedora 29 by default

Le 2018-05-02 15:25, Eric Sandeen a écrit :
On 5/2/18 7:15 AM, Neal Gompa wrote:

But it can shrink when it's not. This is incredibly important for being
able to deal with resizing both / and /home at the same time, or even
trying to make space for multi-booting (typically with Windows but some
people do other OSes too).

I've always seen the need for shrink as an indicator that someone had
poor planning along the way, or insufficient tools for provisioning to
start with. Sure, there are exceptions, but in general who needs shrink
on a regular basis?

Desktops because they have no planning (poor or otherwise) pretty much by definition.

--
Nicolas Mailhot