Re: I would like to propose that we turn on XFS Reflink in Fedora 29 by default

Hi,

On 28/04/18 14:55, Peter Robinson wrote:
On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 11:09 AM, Daniel Walsh <dwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We are adding some features to container projects for User Namespace support
that can take advantage of XFS Reflink.  I have talked to some of the XFS
Reflink kernel engineers in Red Hat and they have informed me that they
believe it is ready to be turned on by default.

I am not sure who in Red Hat I should talk to about this? Whether we should
turn it on in the installer or in the mkfs.xfs command?

Who should I be talking to?  To make this happen.
I would speak to Eric Sandeen I believe he's the Red Hat maintainer
(or one of them) of XFS.

Peter
Indeed, and also we should look at this in the context of what is done for upstream. Ideally Fedora would just inherit the changes there, and there should not be anything special required for Fedora,

Steve.