Re: Removal of BuildRoot

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 6:19 AM, Vít Ondruch <vondruch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> We seemingly care so little for it that the rpmlint status appears on
>>> every bodhi update.
>>>
>>> I did spend some time trying to make rpmlint better ages ago and kind of
>>> got blocked by the restriction that it (at the time) had to conform to
>>> whatever RHEL4 wanted.  But that was obviously a long time ago.

>>> If you can tolerate no false positives from rpmlint then there must be a
>>> pile of things it doesn't look at.  I always saw it as a useful advisory
>>> tool but have difficulty imagining that you could gate off of it.
>>>
>>> What I did was hack my local setup (which does auto-rpmlint directly
>>> within vim) to accept magic comments to tell it to stop complaining
>>> about certain things.  I recall suggesting that upstream a long time ago
>>> but not having much luck.  But again, we're talking over a decade here.
>>>
>> The problem with Bodhi
>
> The problem with Bodhi is that we don't use Bodhi for Rawhide where
> majority of work should be done.

Bodhi is too slow and too heavy for this. Before even thinking about
doing this, fix Bodhi first. For the majority of my updates, I can't
even *get* the check information, as it gets stuck fetching. Update
merging into releases takes too long, and failed tests do not show up
on the main page (probably was not considered because of how poorly
the test information fetching goes).

I still disagree with Bodhi gating Rawhide, but if you're going to
make things more difficult on people, at least fix it so Bodhi
provides some value consistently.