Re: Escaping macros in %changelog

On 09/02/18 23:09, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Kamil Dudka wrote:
>> Would not it be then better to work on this in a staging branch and rework
>> those commits before they are pushed to a production branch?  I am myself
>> not interested in going through commits like "fix a typo", "forgot to bump
>> release", "add missing BR", "revert the previous revert", etc.
>
> I have to push them to the right branch so I can build them. Then if it
> builds, it's fine, but if it's broken, I fix it and try again.

Hi Kevin,

Doesn't 'fedpkg mockbuild' resolve those test builds?  To my knowledge, this
is fairly close to what koji does under the hood.  Then you'll have everything
tested locally, git tree can be cleaned up and be in a reasonable shape before
being pushed out.

If you want to make koji run the build, you can also use 'fedpkg build
--scratch' and provide an SRPM (generated by 'fedpkg srpm').  This shouldn't
need to be git pushed either to work.

Just my 2 cents.

--
kind regards,