Re: inject rpm dependency depending on library symbol?

Rex Dieter wrote:
> (I know this would be handled automatically if the Qt_5_PRIVATE_API symbol
> was versioned, but that's an option we'd rather avoid if reasonably
> possible)

IMHO, the right approach is to do just that. There is already a patch that
does this:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/KDE:Qt:5.9/libqt5-qtbase/tell-the-truth-about-private-api.patch?expand=1
It just needs to be applied in Fedora.

Binary compatibility with upstream is irrelevant here because we are talking
about private APIs only. Any third-party package that notices this at all is
using private APIs and so can already break at any time. Any binaries not
using private APIs will see any difference at all.

        Kevin Kofler