inject rpm dependency depending on library symbol?

I'm exploring possibilities on how to track usage of a particular library
symbol via rpm dependencies.

In particular, whenever a package is built that includes a dependency on
library symbol:
libQt5Core.so.5(Qt_5_PRIVATE_API)

I'd like to inject additional dependencies, something like:
Requires: qt5-qtbase = %{_qt5_version}

I've been told debian does a variant of this, but I've not been able to come
up with any good way to do that here.  Any ideas or suggestions?

(I know this would be handled automatically if the Qt_5_PRIVATE_API symbol
was versioned, but that's an option we'd rather avoid if reasonably
possible)

-- Rex