Re: Firefox "Looking Glass" fiasco

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 12:33:20AM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> The thing is, the question is whether Firefox even still qualifies as Free
> Software at all. We disagree with those actions for a reason, i.e., because
> they are attacks on users' freedom!

It's Free Software, under every definition of the term.

Meanwhile, this not-so-little rant comes to mind:

 https://caddy.community/t/the-realities-of-being-a-foss-maintainer/2728

"I do find it ironic that the open source community is so irate about
 having to compile software from source to customize it the way they
 want."

Especially since Fedora's maintainers *already* compile it, including
changing some of the defaults.  What's a couple more?

(And I might add that yanking Firefox as the default browser
 will accomplish little more than to increase Chrome's market share)

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Coconut Creek, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^