Re: What to I have to do....

On 8 December 2017 at 11:40, Steve Dickson <SteveD@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 12/08/2017 11:12 AM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
>> Well, I'd say this works great. There's maybe a hundred or two hundred
>> proven packagers and somehow none of them decide to mess up the kernel
>> any day. In fact, the commits which caused this thread are _correct_:
>> so far I haven't heard one word to the contrary. I don't see any point
>> in discussing hypotheticals.
> You are telling me there hundreds of people that have complete
> control over all the packages in fedora with no boundaries???
> They can do anything they what??? Wow...

This seems to come up after every major release.. a change is
announced, it goes through the process, and then the proven developer
makes the change.. and then some developer has their package changed
and complains that they didn't read the announcements, they don't like
the fact that proven packagers can touch their packages, and similar
things. We then have a long thread war where the developer finds out
how many proven packagers there are and go on a tear about how did
this happen?

In the past, the next step is "If you don't like it open a ticket with
FESCO with a plan on how to deal with this because the mailing list is
just going to be an echo chamber and nothing will be changed".

I believe in the past this has led to some changes but I am not as
much a developer as someone with a long memory of regular flamewars.

> steved.

Stephen J Smoogen.