Re: What to I have to do....

On 12/08/2017 11:28 AM, Kalev Lember wrote:
> On 12/08/2017 05:17 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:

>>> Who determines "needs to be done" Shouldn't the owner of the package be in
>>> on the determination, with silents being acceptance after a certain amount
>>> of time? I think so.
>>
>> This is completely infeasible to contact each maintainer individually
>> when doing massive changes. The policy specifies that the mass change
>> should be pre-announced, discussed, and announced on the mailing list.
>> This procedure was followed, the changes are simple and correct.
My apologies for not making myself clear... I understand the
need to make massive changes... The problem I have is a single
change is made because it "feels" right... Those changes need to
go by the maintainer.

>>> Yes to your second question... For one reason... maintaining stability.
>>> You give people the ability to change anything and everything they
>>> want w/out any review... that is called instability...
>>
>> No, those changes don't have any effect on the way that your package
>> operates, they just change the reference from an obsolete name to
>> one that actually exists. Without such changes we would have more
>> and more obsolete cruft in packages. It's great that somebody is willing
>> to spend their time keeping the distro tidy. Change, if done carefully,
>> does not mean instability.
>
> I wholeheartedly agree with Zbyszek here. Well said.
I too agree WRT massive build and/or changes... but anything
else need to go through them maintainer.

steved.