Re: Changes Policy & Fedora Release Life Cycle - request for review

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 05:27:25PM +0100, Jan Kurik wrote:
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jkurik/Fedora_Release_Life_Cycle

This looks generally good to me. The one change I would make is to
add to "Tue: Primary date from which rest of schedule derives". Make
that:

   Tue: Primary date from which rest of schedule derives

   This date is either the Tuesday before May 1st or October 31st.

   Upcoming potential target dates are: 2018-04-24, 2018-10-30,
   2019-04-30, and 2019-10-29.

Can you draw up how exactly any changes would affect:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/28/Schedule (FESCo approved)
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/29/Schedule (still a draft)

I think offhand that they're basically the same (and that this change
basically brings the policy in line with the praxis), but I may have
missed something.

On a bigger note: Do we really want to have a window after branch where
Bodhi isn't active? Might it be better to put that as part of the
Branch step? I don't think we want a longer freeze period (especially
during beta) but we

And, on a even bigger note, the F27 July-to-October experiment worked
reasonably well (with the large remainer of the still-outstanding
Modular Server) but I don't think we want to do that again. I'd like to
suggest that if the April/May release slips into July, or the
October/November release slips into January, we *automatically* skip
the next target date for a _longer_ cycle to bring us back to schedule
rather than a short one.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>