Re: <DKIM> Re: Adding CAP_NET_RAW to binaries

----- Mail original -----
De: "Jeffrey Ollie"

> Instead of setting CAP_NET_RAW on the binary, why not have systemd give the
> service the capability at runtime? The blackbox exporter isn't something
> that you run from the CLI much anyway is it?

Yes that's another solution, I hadn't thought so far yet. Right now I just want the thing to build ;) I figured that since I had already done 99% of the work building the snmp exporter, I could reuse the spec stack for the rest (upstream does not provide snmp exporter binaries, they need linking outside go land)

> Here's what part of my service file looks like:

Thanks a lot

> Maybe this is just bikeshedding, but why have you renamed the binary from
> blackbox_exporter to prometheus-blackbox-exporter? blackbox_exporter
> doesn't conflict with anything else AFAIK and renaming it is just going to
> confuse people when they are reading upstream documentation etc.

That was just defensive packaging on my part :) I don't want to package a set of exporters, only to find out one of them conflicts and requires renaming the rest. Upstream naming feels rather generic and collision-prone (plus I hate underscores in commands). That's peanuts to change later if needed

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot