Re: Changes Policy & Fedora Release Life Cycle - request for review

On 11/10/2017 09:18 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
...snip...

> On a bigger note: Do we really want to have a window after branch where
> Bodhi isn't active? Might it be better to put that as part of the
> Branch step? I don't think we want a longer freeze period (especially
> during beta) but we

You got cut off there?

The reason in the past for the window after branching, but before bodhi
enablement was because it allowed for a small window to fix up fallout
from branching, but if everyone is ok with just doing it at the same
time I suppose it should be possible.

> And, on a even bigger note, the F27 July-to-October experiment worked
> reasonably well (with the large remainer of the still-outstanding
> Modular Server) but I don't think we want to do that again. I'd like to
> suggest that if the April/May release slips into July, or the
> October/November release slips into January, we *automatically* skip
> the next target date for a _longer_ cycle to bring us back to schedule
> rather than a short one.

Sounds somewhat reasonable, but might get us behind on 'first'

kevin