Re: /bin/sh and lua; was: Re: common location of spec files in upstream sources

Once upon a time, Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> FWIW, ISTR being told at some point that it's a good idea to write
> scriptlets in lua because RPM should *always* be able to run lua
> scriptlets, whereas at least in theory a scriptlet written in shell
> script could be hit before /bin/sh is installed and thus fail to
> run...

I don't think that's true - I think an RPM with a /bin/sh scriptlet will
get a dependency on /bin/sh, so it shouldn't be installed before
/bin/sh.

The only things that should have an issue there are things that are
dependencies _of_ the package providing /bin/sh, although there is a
circular dependency there, so I'm not sure how that works today.

$ rpm -qRf /bin/sh
filesystem >= 3

$ rpm -qR filesystem
/bin/sh