Re: Fedora Modular Server: status and game plan?

On 08/09/17 15:43, Peter Robinson wrote:
On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 3:38 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We're getting to crunch time, here. Should we:

   a) scramble to get these things in place
   b) postpone the change until F28 (Release Modular Server as another
      Boltron?)
   c) ask FESCo to delay the overall schedule to make this work?

If "a", what's the plan?

I personally think that c) is really the only option at this point
without making a complete and utter mockery of the Change system.

Surely (c) would make a mockery of change system. What would not make a mockery of the change system would be to invoke the contingency plan.

Except there doesn't seem to be one:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Modular_Server#Contingency_Plan

The contingency seems to be that there isn't one and we just have to hold the release until they're ready which I guess is (c) but it means the contingency plan itself is a mockery.

So how exactly did that get accepted?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@xxxxxxxxxx)