'No More Alphas': wiki revision drafts

Hi, folks! So I've (finally) got ready an initial round of draft
changes to various wiki pages for the purpose of implementing the 'No
More Alphas' Change. You can find all the drafts in the NoMoreAlphas
category:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:NoMoreAlpha

For each page I cloned the original text and saved it as the first
edit, so you can use the 'History' tab's diff feature to see the actual
changes to each page (just compare the current state to the first
edit).

To summarize the changes, at least as I remember them, and call out
some significant choices:

* Obviously, all Alpha-related points on the schedule template on the
Fedora Release Life Cycle page were removed. For schedule points that
were previously derived from Alpha points that got removed, I adjusted
them to derive from some other still-remaining point.

* My proposal for 'what do we do about release criteria / validation'
is basically: the 'Fedora 27 Alpha Release Criteria' page gets renamed
'Basic Release Criteria' (note: not versioned, I don't think it should
be), and we document that *all* composes - not just Beta and Final
candidate composes, but also Rawhide and Branched nightlies - will be
automatically tested for (and release of them gated on) compliance with
them. Which is more or less what's proposed in the Change. All external
references to the 'Alpha' criteria get changed to 'Basic' (e.g. this is
what changed on the other criteria pages, and on the test matrix
template pages). Practically speaking, we currently have automated
testing for *most* of the existing Alpha criteria, but a few items
aren't covered. We can choose to move these to the Beta criteria, or
leave them on Basic and just accept that *actual* coverage doesn't
quite meet what we aspire to. I do *NOT* propose to have any kind of
blocker tracking bug for the Basic release criteria; it doesn't seem to
fit in the process, there is no Alpha release to block, and we can't
realistically block nightly composes on manual test results. So a
tracker bug wouldn't really have any reason to exist. In the case where
a violation of the Basic criteria makes it into composes despite the
automated testing, it should be marked as a Beta blocker.

* There is a problem with what to do about the Change schedule: our two
sources for it don't actually agree on what the schedule *is*. The
Changes Policy page - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Policy -
claims that the 'Completion deadline' "falls on the same day as the
Alpha milestone freeze", but the Fedora Release Life Cycle page -
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Release_Life_Cycle - claims it
falls on the same day as the branch point, which is two weeks *before*
the Alpha freeze. Given this inconsistency I didn't really feel
confident proposing a draft for the Changes/Policy page yet; probably
it'd be good for FESCo(?) as owners of the Change process to decide
when they actually want the key dates of the Change process to be, In A
World Without Alphas. If FESCo wants to figure that out and let me
know, I can draft the changes.

Please do look these over and provide any kind of feedback! Thanks.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey