Re: 'No More Alphas': wiki revision drafts

On Wed, Aug 02, 2017 at 05:16:28PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Hi, folks! So I've (finally) got ready an initial round of draft
> changes to various wiki pages for the purpose of implementing the 'No
> More Alphas' Change. You can find all the drafts in the NoMoreAlphas
> category:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:NoMoreAlpha

Thanks for doing this!

> * There is a problem with what to do about the Change schedule: our two
> sources for it don't actually agree on what the schedule *is*. The
> Changes Policy page - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Policy -
> claims that the 'Completion deadline' "falls on the same day as the
> Alpha milestone freeze", but the Fedora Release Life Cycle page -
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Release_Life_Cycle - claims it
> falls on the same day as the branch point, which is two weeks *before*
> the Alpha freeze. Given this inconsistency I didn't really feel

It's even worse: on the FESCo-approved F27 schedule, the Completion
deadline is neither of those, but instead at two weeks *before* the
branch point. This is almost certainly my fault by oversight when I was
proposing what the schedule would look like without an alpha.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>