Re: F27 and the short schedule [was Re: Fedora 27 Change Checkpoint: Completion deadline (testable)]

Jan Kurik wrote:
> Checking the scope of the F27 [1] I see one more Change "Graphical
> Applications as Flatpaks" [2] we might want to release asap. At least
> I see this Change as a strategical one.

All these are major infrastructure changes that affect the whole distro and
should not be rushed. They are also changes that bring little to no benefits
in terms of actual new features to our users, they just get to choose
different ways to obtain the exact same software (if they so wish). So those
are completely the wrong things to focus on in a 3-4-month cycle.

And no-more-alphas is kinda forced by the aggressive F27 schedule, as there
is just no time for an alpha in it! This means the Alpha has to be skipped
no matter whether the tools are actually ready for that. That is also very
risky planning.

        Kevin Kofler