Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2017-07-21)

Dear Kevin,

On Saturday, 22 July 2017 at 06:14, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Adam Miller wrote:
> > * AGREED: - APPROVED: F27 System Wide Change: Graphical Applications
> > as Flatpaks (+1:6, +0:0, -1:0) (Includes a +1 in ticket from absense
> > FESCo member)  (maxamillion, 16:34:38)
>
> Sigh! Does FESCo ever do anything to changes coming from some influential
> people at Red Hat other than waving them through? There wasn't even a single
> -1 vote on this controversial feature!
>
> I am really left to wonder why you solicit feedback on the mailing list at
> all if you blatantly ignore it.

I can only say that the above description is wholly untrue. After reading
through the devel thread, I was satisfied that the implementation plan
for this particular feature was well thought-out. I could find no reason
to oppose this as an experiment, even though Flatpak itself is missing
some features. That this was proposed by a Red Hat employee had no
bearing on my vote. A proposal made by you would face the same scrutiny
and would be voted based on its merits, just like this one.

By the way, "First" one of Fedora's Foundations, isn't it?

Regards,
Dominik
RPMFusion http://rpmfusion.org
"Faith manages."