Re: super-drafty F28 and F29 schedules

Matthew Miller wrote:
> I took a look at the planned F27 schedule
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/27/Schedule and sketched out
> what the same time periods would look like with a May target for F28,
> and then repeated again for F29, making very drafty preliminary
> schedules:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/28/Schedule
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/29/Schedule

So you are already planning F28 and F29 schedules when we do not even know
whether the F27 schedule can be kept even remotely. To me, the F27 schedule
looks completely unrealistic, with less than 3 months (!) between the F26
release and the F27 Final Freeze! That's pretty much a halved cycle.

IMHO, if you absolutely want to stick to May/October dates, it may make
sense to skip a release date as was done with F21 and go for a 9-month
cycle. The schedule as it stands now either WILL slip, or almost all the
planned features WILL have to be punted (and F27 will be essentially
identical to F26).

        Kevin Kofler