Re: Using ndb in RPM

On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 13:52:32 +0200
Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, suggesting different databases is fine and all, but they have
> to be integrated and well tested. We re-added support for multiple
> database just for that, so that we can test things and decide what
> to do.

Does this mean it would be possible to add support for a real
database as an option?  Like postgresql or mariahdb or mysql?  That
would give access to views, triggers, and stored procedures.  Then when
an rpm update occurred, the views of what it depends on and what
depends on it could be updated by a stored procedure triggered by the
update.  This would also simplify, and speed, dnf since it could just
run a sql query to find all dependencies and their versions (I think).
And real databases allow granular access to be defined for users per
table.  Heavy weight solution, but some benefits.

Just curious.