Re: Using ndb in RPM

Once upon a time, Leonid Podolny <leonid@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but the database here is several thousands rows in total, several MBs in size. Every database engine should be fine. We probably care much more about things like ease of development, stability, proper locking and such.

On my fairly normal desktop system, /var/lib/rpm is 128MB.  There's a
lot of information stored in there: each RPM has a bunch of metadata,
scripts, lists of provides and requires, and a list of all files and
directories (each entry with its own metadata information).

One requirement that tends to set RPM apart from some of the candidate
database libraries is non-root read-only access.  I'm not sure this is
an absolute requirement, but I expect it would cause significant upset
with system administrators if "rpm -q foo" changed to require root
access.

--
Chris Adams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>