Re: Coming soon: Pagure service for dist-git

On Thu, Jul 06, 2017 at 12:53:03PM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> <https://src.stg.fedoraproject.org/pagure/>.

I wasn't able to log in (gateway timeout), so some impressions based
only on browsing the interface:

1. The "All projects (18686)" front page is not very useful, unless
   the package you are looking for starts with digit. I think an
   almost-empty lean landing with a search box in the style of google
   would be more useful.

   For logged-in users, the list of projects they contributed to
   recently would be nice.

2. completions in search show "null" under every entry

3. The default landing page for a package shows a message about
   the missing readme. Maybe we could show the %description there in
   such cases?

4. releases tab shows tags. I think koji used to create those tags
   when builds happened automatically, but this hasn't been happening
   for a long time. (adamw yelled at me and I added a bunch manually to
   systemd, but) most projects don't have any tags, or have some from
   the f13-f14 era, so that content is not useful.

   It would be great to get something like the "Active release overview"
   from https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/<package> that
   shows "Latest Released Version" and "Version in Testing" for each
   Fedora branch. I understand this might be out of scope.

Zbyszek