Re: Fedora Modules & Fedora 27 Server Edition (Changes)

On Wed, 2017-06-28 at 13:27 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 03:10:16PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > > As Fedora stands today, of course, "the Fedora Server repo" means "all
> > > the stuff Fedora packages at all".
> >
> > Um. Does it? I am not entirely sure if this is what was meant in
> > context, but there *is* a "Fedora Server repo" which does *not* contain
> > "all the stuff Fedora packages at all" - for instance, the repos you
> > can find under:
>
> I know, but as you've heard me whining about before, that's a weird
> artifact of the build process that leaks out onto the mirrors. Once you
> have a Fedora Server system up and running you're pointed at
> Everything.

Well, yes, but *in context*, the text was specifying the extent of the
package set it covered. It seems, to me, at least as likely that the
intent of the text was "the Change will cover all the packages in the
Server install tree" as "the Change will cover all the packages in the
'fedora' repository".

I don't think it's necessary or appropriate to debate the nature or
desirability of the Server install tree repos at this point, as the
actual practical *point* under discussion here is what the text
actually means in defining the scope of the Change.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey