Re: Fedora Modules & Fedora 27 Server Edition (Changes)

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 01:44:43PM -0400, langdon wrote:
> -   Although modularity allows for lifecycle changes, there is no
> plan for anything besides the normal 13 month lifecycle at this
> point.

So, this basically gives until November 2018 to figure out a way to
handle longer lifecycles. :)

> -   Available content as modules will be less than a typical Server release
>     -   Only components that are a part of a module will be available
>     -   Any RPM that is a part of module will be available to be
> installed directly or in addition to the “install profile” install
> of the module

Hmmm, so, if I want some random utility (let's say gcal, which I don't
package, or calc, which I do) on my server, what are my options? Can I
enable all general Fedora content in some way? Or do I need to make
modules for each of these things or convince someone else to? Or is the
expectation that such stuff would go into a container (which would draw
from all of Fedora RPM content)?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>