Re: Fedora Modules & Fedora 27 Server Edition (Changes)

On 06/27/2017 06:10 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Mon, 2017-06-26 at 14:30 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 01:55:58PM -0400, langdon wrote:
Apologies, but I was talking about "available in the Fedora Server
repo". Specifically, we have a lofty goal that everything in that
repo would have a module wrapped around it. We may not get there
which triggers the choices above.
As Fedora stands today, of course, "the Fedora Server repo" means "all
the stuff Fedora packages at all".
Um. Does it? I am not entirely sure if this is what was meant in
context, but there *is* a "Fedora Server repo" which does *not* contain
"all the stuff Fedora packages at all" - for instance, the repos you
can find under:

https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/25/Server/

The contents of the Server install tree (and hence these repos) are, I
believe, defined in:

https://pagure.io/pungi-fedora/blob/master/f/variants-fedora.xml

and can easily be seen to be a subset of the entire Fedora package set.

I think this confusion comes in because the content is all under one directory structure to ease mirror replication. However, logically (and, in practice, in terms of repodata), there are a number of different repos under that one directory structure (https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora). When I say "confusion" I don't mean anyone is really confused rather that it is easy to conflate the two unless being very specific. Not to mention the repos at that url are not necessarily the same repos that end up in, say, a livecd.

Langdon