Re: R 3.4 update

On Tue, 2017-06-27 at 16:09 -0400, Steve Grubb wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 3:47:42 PM EDT Adam Williamson wrote:

> > > You need to update Rstudio to a newer version. That fixes this issue.

> > > The only packages that needed to be rebuild are those that rebuild
> > > packages that register C or Fortran functions:
> >
> > By policy, the Rstudio update and updates for all those packages should
> > have been included with the update to R itself:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updates_Policy#Updating_inter-dependent_packa
> > ges
>
> There really is no way to do this. We don't ship RStudio because its so hard
> to package. I've tried creating a spec file and putting all the pieces where
> it belongs but it doesn't work unless its installed to /usr/local which is
> against Fedora policies. The best I could come up with is to create a blog to
> tell everyone how to build it for themselves.

Ah, I see. Sorry, I realize I was making an unwarranted assumption that
it was packaged.

> Also, what about the missing bz entry? I'd file a bug but I can't find an "R"
> component to file a bug against. Try it.

Try this:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora&component=R

I do indeed confirm the bug, when trying to find the component using
the 'search-as-you-type' implementation. It looks to me like it doesn't
even attempt to find a match until you've typed two characters. I tried
typing ' R' (space, then R) and that *does* cause it to search and find
a bunch of components with 'R' in their name, but it doesn't find R
itself. I'd suggest reporting this against the Bugzilla product.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey