Re: R 3.4 update

On Sunday, 25 June 2017 16.38.00 WEST Steve Grubb wrote:
> For example, when I run RStudio, I get:
>
> R graphics engine version 12 is not supported by this version of RStudio.
> The Plots tab will be disabled until a newer version of RStudio is
> installed.

You need to update Rstudio to a newer version. That fixes this issue.

> Also:
>
> Warning: Error in library: there is no package called ‘shinyjs’
> Stack trace (innermost first):
>     41: library
>      1: shiny::runApp
> Error : there is no package called ‘shinyjs’
>
> So, basically, anyone updating to the new R is dead in the water. It really
> needs to be rolled back to 3.3.3 in F24 & F25. Which leads to another
> issue...where is R in the bugzilla database? I can't find it.

The only packages that needed to be rebuild are those that rebuild packages
that register C or Fortran functions:

>From https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/NEWS.html

"""
PACKAGE INSTALLATION
Packages which register native routines for .C or .Fortran need to be re-
installed for this version (unless installed with R-devel SVN revision r72375
or later).
"""

This issue does not seem to be related, but I have not tested.

--
José Abílio