Re: Deprecated net-tools? Mass bug filing?

Once upon a time, Chuck Anderson <cra@xxxxxxx> said:
> Here is a list of binary commands in net-tools:

<selecting a few from the original list>

> /usr/sbin/ether-wake
> /usr/sbin/ipmaddr
> /usr/sbin/iptunnel
> /usr/sbin/mii-diag
> /usr/sbin/mii-tool
> /usr/sbin/plipconfig
> /usr/sbin/slattach

Are there replacements for the above?  I know I use ether-wake from time
to time, and I don't know of an alternative.

If the net-tools package is going to be deprecated, how about iproute
actually provide some replacements, wrappers, etc. to the commonly used
things like ifconfig, netstat, arp, and route.  There's decades of
history with those commands (especially for people from other
platforms), so throwing them away because "ip" and "ss" are the new
shiny seems like a bad idea.

--
Chris Adams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>