Re: Split translations to noarch packages?

On 29 April 2017 at 22:30, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> given that i run Fedora fpr a decade on everyting from production servers to
> routers and desktops and reading all of your posts of the last week - well,
> i have no idea what your problem is

Looks like we have completely different jobs .. just accept this.
However this aspect has nothing do with this topic.
I can tell you only that there are plenty of examples where Solaris
even with paid support is cheaper than Linux without support because
in case of Linux to provide the same throughput needs to be used much
more powerful and by this expensive hardware. Many workloads cannot be
horizontally scaled so scaling service with hardware is only solution.
Bigger hardware means not only bigger initial costs but higher costs
of powering and cooling. In case of calculating costs of running
routers or desktops on scale few units I don't think that anyone is
thinking about those costs.
Does it mean that Solaris should be used everywhere? Of course not!!!
It would be idiotic.

But again: this thread is not about me or which OS is better in exact
context but about some exact technical aspects related to PM
technologies. This topic is quite static/parallel/fixed/the same as it
comes to management of some set of files used by running processes and
operating system. As some problems on exactly this area have been
already successfully solved on top of the Solaris there is no reason
to be ashamed telling again "we can do better!".

kloczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH