Re: The glvnd + mesa update for F25

On 06/02/17 15:13 -0500, Christian Schaller wrote:
> There has been a lot of discussions for the last few years about glvnd on
> the mesa-devel list and at XDC. This is not Fedora specific technology, but
> a change in how Mesa will work everywhere and thus there has not been a lot
> of discussions about it here on Fedora-devel. But that is true for most stuff,
> we do not discuss major new kernel features here that much either as one example.

I don't think that's a fair point.  If there was an artificial
intermediate level put in front of libc that would only be to
solve issues with some hardware component, and it would be forcibly
implanted into Fedora unnecessarily for all audience, then it would
be comparable.

But even then, I doubt it would happen without questioning such
aspects.

Forcing glvnd for all is Fedora specific, as far as I can tell.

-- Jan

> Christian

Jan (Poki)