Re: future of official optical media support in Fedora

> All the DRAC/iLO/BMC systems I play with these days mount a remote ISO and
> present it as optical media. The feature is basically only used for
> emergencies where regular networking won't do, like when I want the normal
> network environment for the process and don't want to bother the network
> folks to change routing and vlans in realtime.

> Definitely an edge case, but I'm fairly sure that an image that won't boot
> from physical optical media also will not boot this way. It would be more
> important for RHEL users than Fedora users, I assume.

> --Pete

Thanks for clarification. Just to be absolutely clear, this proposal doesn't affect RHEL release process in any way. This would be Fedora-only change. And it is a good remark that users of such systems are probably more likely to be installing RHEL/CentOS than Fedora due to a longer support period.