Re: GSequencer upstream wants to package for fedora

That is a lot of different things mashed into one here, and while
I can not even begin to understand how you can bash our commitment to
Free Software and at the same time be an argent backer of
Shuttleworths Snappy is beyond me, but I am sure is somehow makes sense
to you.

Also I don't think it is true in any way or form that the Working
Group is discouraging people from making RPMS, in fact I have personally
talked to a lot of different companies and people over the last year
encouraging to them to make RPMS. And Bastien Nocera who was the one
on this thread encouraging making a Flatpak is not a Working Group member,
in fact he is just a community member doing what he has every right to do,
which is to advocate the solution he thinks is best for the problem at hand.
And you of course have every right to advocate for a different approach, but
I don't see why you think slagging the Workstation Working Group somehow is the
correct response.

The proposals you misrepresent so wonderfully was a general issue of how do we
deal with the same application being available in multiple formats, which is not
even limited to RPM and Flatpak. Offering users 10 versions of the same application
at the same version number with the only difference being the package technology
used is confusing and stupid. And we need to have a policy for dealing with it and
dealing with the fact that the recommended packaged version of an application might
change their package format over time. This could go both ways, but of course since we
have mostly RPMS these days the likelyhood is that at least in the beginning the
most common case will mostly be away from RPMS. And to be clear the working group isn't
spending time trying to figure out how we can offer the Gimp as a Flatpak for
example, just because it is not a very interesting problem to solve, since we already
have the Gimp as an RPM. Instead we are focusing on using Flatpaks as a method for
bringing new  applications to the Fedora ecosystem.

Christian