Re: mutter broken in Rawhide

Samuel Sieb wrote:
> You keep making this point, but I haven't seen any explanation for it.
> Why is it necessary to have Rawhide broken in order to do development?
> Don't you develop locally and then push the result when it's functional?

No (at least not for the typical packaging "development" where there is just
a bunch of packages to bump to a new upstream version), and besides, even
doing so does not prevent issues like in the case that started this thread,
where one package out of a bunch of interdependent packages unexpectedly
fails to build due to an unrelated change in another component.

Also note that I run only stable releases, so even when I actually do
development and testing locally, it will NOT catch random unrelated Rawhide
breakage because I will be doing the builds for the released Fedora (locally
or in a Copr). Rawhide is just too broken to use on a machine that I use
also for non-Fedora work, and no amount of your misguided developer-
unfriendly attempts to make it not so will change that. If you try to force
me to use Rawhide to do Fedora packaging, I will be unable to continue
contributing to Fedora.

        Kevin Kofler