Re: Quality control, does it exist? A recent update removed a keyboard layout from system.

> After waste sometime on understand what happened to Finnish keyboards
> layout, I don't think you can blame Fedora project, looking at
> upstream sources and releases [1] from xkeyboard-config-2.18
> to  xkeyboard-config-2.19, we got one commit with "rules: Move
> Finnish DAS layout to extras", I understand you are angry (you lose
> keyboard layout) but also saw that layout just was added in 2015-09-
> 29 [3] ( xkeyboard-config-2.16 )

But isn't it quite exceptable that things can break when one version-
updates upstream components like this? After all, they are just
building blocks of operating systems, not finalized products in
themselves. Isn't it the job of the distros to make sure that things do
not surprisingly change, or does freedesktop.org actually promise some
kind of stability on their components?

-- Iiro Laiho