Re: clarification of package naming guidelines

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 3:30 AM, Dave Love <d.love@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Why are most people going to use superlu-dist when that's not the proper
name of the software?  I'm not familiar with a SuperLU user community,
but I think I can speak about DL_POLY as a DL veteran; I packaged it as
"dl_poly" and wouldn't expect people to call it "dl-poly" (outside
Debian) or "dlpoly".  The majority don't have underscores as part of
their proper name, but the guidelines cover ones that do.

Who are most people?  Nobody is changing the name of the software.  That is entirely
under the control of upstream.    We're discussing how it is represented in the Fedora repository.
That is the purview of the Fedora project, not upstream.