Re: Fedora on Macs, removing the release criterion

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> What's in place right now is a release blocking criterion that was not
>> being met, so the release was blocked. The criterion is not a secret
>> or new, the process is not secret or new, yet somehow there's an 'oh
>> shit we're blocking the entire release just for Macs?!' reaction, as
>
> I'm not surprised.  I simply disagree with the decision.

Which decision? Upholding the criterion by blocking the release, or
the creation of the criterion to begin with? I'm not aware of a
procedure to just ignore criteria due to lack of testing for the
current release. Arguing dispensing with a lack of testing to demote a
criterion makes sense but doing.

>> if there's something fundamentally different compared to any other
>> time we've had a last minute blocker bug that only affects a minority.
>
> There is.  Because we've genuinely waffled about impacted majority a
> number of times and released anyway.

Waffling happens with gray areas, and the natural stinginess in doling
out blockers that develops close to the release. But this wasn't a
gray area.

--
Chris Murphy