Re: PROPOSAL: Blocking the release is our only "big hammer" — let's add a softer one.

On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 04:10:53PM +0100, Jan Kurik wrote:
> I drafted a process to cover the evaluation of "Important bugs" [1].
> It still needs some work on the wording, however it should be good
> enough for review and comments. May I ask for a feedback and possibly
> improvement proposals, please ?
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Program_Management/Important_bugs_and_issues_process

This looks excellent to me as a first pass. We can adjust as need be as
we go. I'm a little worried about sending the message that bugs that
don't make the list here aren't "important" to us in a wider sense...
maybe we want something more neutral like "Prioritized Issues"? I know
this is a little bikesheddy, but it'll be hard to change later.

Also, I'd like to add the criteria:

   Issues eligible for this status would be those which do not
   necessarily fail a release criterion but which have critical impact
   on a Fedora Edition or on a council-approved Fedora Objective.
   Issues may also be nominated from the Common Bugs list when they are
   deemed by QA to have critical impact.

to the page somewhere.

--
Matthew Miller