Re: including EOL and vulnerable software in Fedora

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Kofler" <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx>
To: devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 6:18:19 PM
Subject: Re: including EOL and vulnerable software in Fedora

> If no package is allowed to require the old Pythons (and IMHO, "Recommends:"
> is "require"), that also applies to tox. If tox is allowed to recommend the
> old Pythons, that invalidates the claim that they will never be dragged in
> as dependencies. What tox uses the old Pythons for does not change anything
> to the contradiction.

Nevertheless, at the link that I posted before, you can see for yourself the exact use case, so that should make things clear enough. Contradictory or not (as I said maybe the original descriptions possibly need to be rephrased), arguing about that does not really contribute anything to the discussion.

Charalampos Stratakis
Associate Software Engineer
Python Maintenance Team, Red Hat